Mia has been an ever growing presence in my life. Simultaneously a demon, plague, and friend. But I know more and more she is a false friend and her comfort is only fleeting. Besides, what is less beautiful, less glamorous, less perfect than succumbing to Mia? To constantly having a scratchy throat and puffy eyes, vomit breath and and sticky fingers? To having to vigilantly worry about hiding empty containers and candy wrappers and wondering whether anyone will notice if you take just one...more...piece...
The beauty doesn't eat for worry of messing her lipstick and because she is too busy engaging everyone in stimulating conversation to even bother with her dinner.
My pride wants me to show the world I can immediately jump into (once again) subsisting on 500 calories a day or less, that I can make a magical transition overnight from the curse that has been slowly taking over my life. I know that would be setting myself up for failure. I know that would send me back into Mia's waiting arms without any resistance.
Time to lay my pride aside and come up with a plan. Here is the plan. I will stick to it like ritual, a magic that will banish mia, banish the curse that has plagued me.
For 1 week I will allow myself 1200 calories/day.
Breakfast: Oat bran/blueberries (150 cals).
Snack: 1 grapefruit (100 cals)
Lunch: Salmon, spinach, and fat free dressing (150 cals).
Snack: 1 cup coffee w/ sugar free creamer (40 cals).
Snack: Yogurt (100 cals)
D: Light Veggie Soup w/ FF cheese (150 cals).
S: Oat Bran w/ Strawberries (150 cals).
This is a total of approximately 840 calories. The remaining calories up to 1200 will be discretionary, to allow flexibility, but should be used wisely to prevent binges on things like fruits and veggies or fat free dairy.
After one week of this I will begin lowering my intake to meet my ultimate goal weight. However, this plan should replenish my body of the nutrients purging has depleted from it as well as breaking the binge/purge cycle to allow me to enter my next stage toward perfection.
Wish me luck and...
Keep Faking It.
--JK
No comments:
Post a Comment